October Will Introduce More Free and Paid DLC for Rocket League
Rocket League will be getting another paid DLC package as well as some free Halloween themed items this October.
The paid DLC is similar in scope to August’s Supersonic Fury DLC pack. Entitled Revenge of the Battle-Cars, the content is a nod to developer Psyonix’s first soccer-car game Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars. Revenge of the Battle-Cars will cost $3.99, be available on October 13th, and include:
- 2 Classic SARPBC Battle-Cars, Scarab and Zippy
- 12 New Decals (six for each new car)
- 3 New Paint Types (Toon Glossy, Toon Matte, Toon Wood)
- 2 New Wheels (Scarab and Zippy)
- 2 New Rocket Boosts (Accelerato and Battle-Stars)
- 4 New Toppers (Cavalier, Locomotive, Pixelated Shades, Shark Fin)
- 2 New Antennas (Retro Balls from SARPBC)
- 5 New Trophies
When Revenge of the Battle-Cars releases, Psyonix will also be updating the game to include some free items for all players: two new variations of current stadiums, new music, and community and country flags.
As an added bonus, there will be new items to unlock after completing games. Starting on October 18th, everyone can look forward to picking up the following Halloween-themed items:
- “Calavera” Antenna
- “Candy Corn” Rocket Trail
- “Carriage” Wheels
- “Fuzzy Brute” Antenna
- “Fuzzy Vampire” Antenna
- “Pumpkin” Topper
Finally, Psyonix hinted that the next bits of DLC will feature some crazy and unorthodox arenas and playing fields. There is no word on whether these arenas will be free or not.