Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Early Impressions
Is going to the Digital world worthwhile?
- Colorful and vibrant graphics
- Great turn based mechanics lifted from Final Fantasy X
- Nostalgic for old Digimon fans
- Easy for newcomers to the series
- Digi-evolution trees are easy to follow allowing easy access to your perfect party (allowing de-evolution too)
- Comes with Japanese voice overs (for those who prefer original dubs)
- Able to turn off voices for those who don’t like different language dubs
- Beautiful cut scenes
- Music is catchy
- Automatic battles (makes grinding fast and simple)
- Funny dialogue
- Dialogue goes on and on breaking the momentum of the game (no way to skip dialogue)
- No camera controls make finding specific people and items for side quests much more difficult than it should be
- Lots of backtracking
- Similar looking locations
- Repetitive side quests (they are also very simple, check out the screenshot down below)
- Game difficulty fluctuates (normal is too easy and hard is a nice blend of difficulty until you get annihilated by every boss)
Should you play it?
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is a great turn based JRPG with lots of content including ways to experiment to gather your perfect party. Despite the repetitiveness and the long dialogue sections, the game has an interesting story line involving Digimon hackers and the Digital World. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is a great PlayStation 4/Vita game that should be played immediately by any classic JRPG fans even those who might not have a history with the Digimon franchise.