Pokken Tournament Day One Impressions
Pokken Tournament released today and I’ve played enough to share my thoughts on whether Nintendo deserves your money or not.
- Looks amazing in action
- Simple to learn and easy for newcomers to the genre
- Great sound effects
- Small roster consisting of 16 characters
- No planned DLC
- The lack of Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee
- Lack of a story line
- Multiplayer forces first player to use the gamepad as a screen while second player uses the television
- Nia, the lady constantly speaking during gameplay never shuts up if you don’t turn off the voices in the audio options
Should you buy it?
Pokken tournament is a difficult game to recommend to others to buy due to the lack of content within the disc; however, it is a fun game to whip out from time to time as their is much fun to be had with it. If you have access to a Wii U and want a fun fighting game without the difficulty curve of a Street Fighter or a Tekken game I would recommend Pokken as it extremely simple to pick up and play. Just don’t expect to sit down for hours at a time wasting away with this bare bones fighter.