I am Setsuna Day One Impressions
Developed by Square Enix’s Tokyo RPG Factory team, I am Setsuna tries to bring back the golden age era of JRPG’s back into gamer’s hands with their new game that was heavily inspired by Chrono Trigger’s gameplay and Final Fantasy X’s story.
- Chrono Trigger’s combat lives on with I am Setsuna (ATB and Techs)
- Caters to golden era JRPG fans of old (SNES/PS1)
- Likable characters
- A good balance of dark themes and humor
- Beautiful aesthetics
- Soundtrack is amazing! Every song is played on a piano and it always catches the mood of what is occurring.
- No variety in locations as everywhere I go snow is present
- Digital only
Should you buy it?
First and foremost did you grow up playing RPG’s on the Super Nintendo and/or PlayStation 1? If you answered yes hurry up and purchase I am Setsuna from the PSN store for the PlayStation 4 as you will find much to love here. Square Enix having a team specifically to recapture the classics of yesteryear and with their first foray with I am Setsuna shows promise in Tokyo RPG Factory’s future. If you didn’t play the classics, you will find something to enjoy through this game and might even be pushed to download Chrono Trigger to see what the fuss has been all about for the last two decades. Buy it immediately!