Nintendo’s latest console, the Switch, released today worldwide and I’ve been having a blast with it. The Switch’s launch lineup didn’t have many offerings from triple A developers, but that didn’t stop me from grabbing a few games. Obviously let’s start my impression pieces with what might be the Switch’s best game already, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
- Huge map filled with tons of content to tackle. You always have something to do that makes you feel like you’re progressing with the main objective, an issue I had with the Witcher 3 as that world felt like it was filled with fluff.
- Breath of the wild will indeed take your breath away with stunning locations and aesthetics.
- The score is nearly non-existent in the wild, but when it picks up, it sounds amazing.
- Gameplay feels as good as ever and the game picks up the moment you start your journey.
- No tutorials.
- No extensive dialogue that makes you want to shove cement in your ears *cough*Fi*cough*.
- Intriguing story that makes you want to progress it despite wanting to continue your exploration.
- Sheikha Slate comes with multiple interesting game mechanics that allows for a multitude of ways to play the game.
- I want to see more of the story, but I’m so damn interested in exploring.
…and the Ugly
- Riding horses is awful. I’m hoping it’s bad because of how early on in the game I’m in, but I’m not getting my hopes to high up.
Should you buy it?
It’s Zelda, so yes, you should definitely purchase this as soon as you can if you haven’t already. If you have a Wii U and can’t get a Switch at the time being get it for that console. If you’re considering grabbing a Switch, this should be the game to get you over the edge into purchasing what seems like a good new console. This is everything and more that I’ve wanted in the Zelda series and I’ve been playing this series for over two decades (A Link’s Awakening on GB was my first Zelda). Buy it now!
Latest posts by Braulio Ortiz (see all)
- Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers Gameplay - May 27, 2017
- Garou: Mark of the Wolves Switch Gameplay - May 11, 2017
- CSG Review Master List - May 8, 2017