Mario Kart 8 Deluxe launched today for the Nintendo Switch and it brings tons of new content to the already amazing Wii U title. Is the game worth another go-around if you already played it to death on the Wii U or should you skip the title and wait for something else to play on the Switch?
- It’s more Mario Kart 8.
- Battle mode is back!
- Tons of characters to choose from
- New racers
- New karts
- 1080p at 60 fps gameplay
- Purple drift flames and the addition of a second item completely changes the way you play MK8.
- Single Joy-con as a controller isn’t very comfortable unless you have the straps on.
…and the Ugly
- No new courses to race on!
Should you buy it?
Mario Kart 8 is the best in the long running series and it continues to be amazing. The inclusion of battle mode makes this package even more appealing to those who missed the fun mode in the Wii U iteration. As someone who played Mario Kart 8 for an absurd amount of hours I can safely say Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is worth owning for the Nintendo Switch. The amount of content and the ability to play every mode online makes this one of the best game packages in a very long time (The Orange Box anyone?). Pick up your copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe immediately as this is a must-own for Nintendo fans and newcomers alike.
Latest posts by Braulio Ortiz (see all)
- CSG Quick Look: Implosion: Never Lose Hope Gameplay - July 26, 2017
- Balloon Fight Review – The Original Endless Runner (TBT) - July 26, 2017
- CSG Plays: Splatoon (Full Playthrough) - July 21, 2017