ARMS Release Day Impressions
Nintendo’s newest IP, ARMS, released today for the Nintendo Switch and if fun is you’re cup of tea read on.
- Beautiful graphics
- A memorable roster and more to come
- A plethora of new arms to equip making battles never feel old
- Great online lobbies that get you playing immediately
- Soundtrack is catchy
- Easy to learn gameplay allowing newcomers a chance to win
- Deep strategy
- Min Min for the Win Win
- Hoops is fun
- Fun stages that allow for different strategies
- Simple motion controls
- Only 10 characters on release day
- Helix isn’t as fun as I wanted it to be
- Harder to master Pro-controller controls (sadly)
…and the Ugly
- V-Ball isn’t very fun
Should you buy it?
Arms is a new and fun experience from Nintendo. Since Splatoon’s success a few years back Nintendo has gotten a bit more open on bringing new games to the market and we should take advantage of these new IP’s especially if they are good. In other words, ARMS deserves your hard earned cash due to high replay value in it’s deep strategic combat. If the content is a bit dry for your tastes, fear not, Nintendo has already announced future updates with new characters, stages, arms, and even modes for free. Vote with your wallet if you want Nintendo to continue to take chances on new fun experiences for their consoles. Buy ARMS immediately!