My E3 Wishlist
E3 is upon us and everyone wants something to shock them during the plethora of conferences that will occur within the next few days. Will these games show up? Probably not, but it doesn’t make me from wanting them any less. Here are 5 games I would hope game developers would announce at the grandest video game convention of them all.
5. Rocksteady DC Game: Rocksteady Games developed one of the best superhero games of all time and ended all the jokes based on poor Batman games. Their final game was Batman: Arkham Knight and that game was beyond (hehe) awful. They haven’t released any information on what they are working on so I’d be curious enough to see what their latest project is. I’m hoping they’re working on the rumored Superman game as the boy scout seriously needs a great game under his belt so we can finally forget the N64 days.
4. Metroid Prime 4: Nintendo, seriously, come on! The endings to Corruption and Federation Force both point to a giant Prime 4 neon sign, just do it.
3. Nintendo Switch Virtual Console: Yes, this isn’t a game, but it’s still a big part of what I want to see from E3. the virtual console could potentially help with future video game droughts on the Nintendo Switch. In addition with helping people continue playing their Switch, we can finally play Pokemon Snap on the go. Sure it might take 5 years for the game to actually release on the eshop, but it’s a possibility.
2. Vanquish 2: One of last generations best games didn’t get the recognition it deserved, but with the latest port to the PC it has a second chance to prove itself to the market. Vanquish is easily my favorite third person shooter. Think Gears of War with jetpacks during a Terminator-esque war scene and that’s Vanquish. The cliffhanger at the end of the original doesn’t help the waiting for a potential sequel. What’s even worse is that we probably will never see said sequel. Please Platinum Games?
1. F-Zero: If you know me, you saw this a mile away. We haven’t gotten an F-Zero title since 2003 on the Nintendo GameCube and it’s a shame we never got a follow up to what I consider the best racing game of all time. SEGA did an incredible job on the title and I would love to see them tackle the series once more for the Nintendo Switch. If SEGA can’t I’d pick Shin’ en games to do so. With their previous work on the incredible Fast Racing Neo games they can surely make an even better game with a bigger budget. Nintendo, there are fans waiting for Captain Falcon to return to the race tracks now get to it.
There you have it, my top 5 games I want to see at E3 this year. Yes, 3 out of 5 of them are Nintendo, but what do you expect from the Nintendo guy on the site? I would have added Halo 6, but Microsoft already claimed to not expect the sixth entry. Others would have included God of War and The Last of Us Part II, but we already know and seen something about them making them inevitable games that we’ll see at E3 this year. Well, hope you all get what you want from all the game developers. Enjoy what should be an interesting week in gaming.